AstTray support asterisk 1.8?

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Hi.

i'm newbie. and i know asterNET current supported asterisk 1.8.x
Why astTray current support asterisk 1.4?

Thanks, i'm from Viet Nam and i speak english not well!!!
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM
The underlying framework AsterNET has support for 1.4 and with some changes you could easily make AstTray support 1.4, but the way in which caller id information is obtained will is different (and more complicated) in 1.4 than in 1.8.

I hope that helps answer you question?
Apr 8, 2014 at 2:03 AM
Thank you for reply,

In future, astray support for asterisk 1.8?
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2014 at 10:07 AM
You should be able to use it right now with 1.8!
Apr 11, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Edited Apr 11, 2014 at 2:05 AM
Hi skrusty,

I downloaded astTray, when build it in vs2012 pro. Have an error with asterisk.net library.
I've searched but did not find any attached file library.

and I need user guide. can you help me?
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014 at 7:23 AM
To be honest, I've done nothing on AstTray for a while, it needs updating to use AsterNET. This can be added via nuget (install-package asternet -pre) but the references will need changing from "Asterisk.NET" to "AsterNET"

If you'd like to help by forking and making the changes, it would of course be appreciated! I'm spending a lot of my time at the moment improving AsterNET and it's related projects.

Thanks

Ben
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014 at 7:25 AM
I've just realised AstTray is still on TFS Source Control. I've asked the codeplex team to migrate it to a git repo, so will update here when that's been done.
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 AM
OK, it's over converted to a git repo now, so feel free to fork and pull your changes.
Apr 14, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Thank for supported. In the meantime, I had learn and understand somewhat. And result, the asttray project can run with asterisk 1.8.x. However, I do not see the call history have be recorded after the call ended.

I will download your edits and continue with astTray. Thank you for your great support for me. I appreciate that!